On these increasingly, hot, humid, sticky, oppressing Texas summer days, it’s sometimes a struggle to conjure up a meal that is hearty enough to keep me full all afternoon without being hot and heavy (hubba hubba).
A super simple, light, refreshing salad is just what the doctor ordered. This salad also has that perfect combination of sweet and savory with the oranges and pistachios, and the tangy balsamic from the vinaigrette brings all the flavors together in a big, beautiful, salad group hug. Throw on grilled chicken breast on top and you’ve got dinner, pal!
- 2 cups mixed greens (or any salad greens you prefer)
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- ⅓ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange greens and orange slices onto two plates, sprinkle with pistachios.
- Combine orange juice, balsamic vinegar, oregano, and salt and pepper in a bowl, whisk to combine. Continue to whisk, and slowly pour in the olive oil.
- Drizzle over salads and enjoy!